[Zope] eMarket product

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 15:31:35 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Theodore Patrick [mailto:tpatrick@IndigoNetworks.com]
> Sent: Saturday, February 27, 1999 2:22 PM
> To: 'Michel Pelletier'; Steve Spicklemire; zope@zope.org
> Subject: RE: [Zope] eMarket product
>

> ANY DOCUMENTATION????

Hmm... you quoted my reply to the original message in your message, so I
just want to clarify to you that this is a Product written by Steve
Spicklemire and I was just commenting on it.  It is *NOT* a product of
Digital Creations.  If Steve wishes to document it I'm sure he will,
but, as *he* said in his original message:

> This is an alpha quality-version 'starter' of an EMarket Product.

<personal opinion>
So a word of warning to *everyone* on the list who might think to d/l
and install products announced on the list:  When dealing with initial
releases of alpha quality software, knowing what the product is going to
do by *reading the source* is much more important than expecting
documentation to tell you about it.  If you don't have the time or the
Zope Zen level high enough to read the source and grok it's inner
workings from that, *don't install the product*; wait a little while for
a more stable or beta quality release or until some discussion is
generated about it.  If you just offhandedly install every product you
hear about, and it corrupts your database or lights your cdrom drive on
fire, you have no one to blame but yourself.
</personal opinion>

-Michel