[Zope] ANNOUNCE: FAQ Tool sample Zope app.

Amos Latteier amos@aracnet.com
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 13:34:10 -0800

Hi Everyone:

As part of writing an article on Zope for WebReview, I've put together an
example FAQ Tool for Zope. If you've seen Guido's FAQ Wizard then you know
what the FAQ Tool is about.

http://www.zope.org/WebReview

You can try out the FAQ Tool online, and download it.

(Note: the example FAQ is not a real FAQ, please don't enter useful
information into it. Hopefully, we'll get a real Zope FAQ online soon.)

One of the interesting things about this example is that it was built with
the 'Lever' by creating a Product in the Control Panel and working from
there. This is the first time that I've used the Lever and I have to say I
like it. I think that this is the future of Zope Product authoring.

The Lever basically allows you to create a Zope Product through the web
without any programming. And as a special bonus, the Lever *is* documented
in the Zope Manager's Guide. In fact, that's how I learned how to use it
;-) I think that the Lever will be even cooler when Zope Classes are out,
since then you will be able to make changes to your Product in the Control
Panel, and all your instances will be updated.

Anyway enjoy, and send me your feedback.

-Amos

P.S. You may notice that the FAQ Tool is not searchable. When Zope gets
searchability, then so will the FAQ Tool. I probably won't get around to
adding searching to the FAQ Tool before that. However, the basic search
indexing libraries are there in 1.10.2, and I do accept patches for those
of you who can't wait ;-)