[Zope] How well does Ztables/Confera scale up?

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 09:44:47 -0500

Butch wrote:
> I have this project that I'm planning to use Zope on (it's still in
> the evaluation stage)
> and I just started looking at Confera (which uses pieces of
> ZTables/Tabula) which is has
> some of the things I need (specifically, search-text capabilities) --
> I'll have to hack it
> a bit to simplify it (I just need to be able to add/edit/delete
> records into a DB) - but

The ZTable machinery buried in Zope is quite powerful.  I've loaded a
27,000 record, 27 Mb version of the Internet Movie Database into a
ZTable.  The memory footprint stayed well under control and the searches
were effectively instantaneous.  Unfortunately it isn't yet supported
for anything except ZTable, which is only available to consulting
customers.

--Paul