[Zope] Zope 1.10.2 RPMS (in progress)

Eric Kidd eric.kidd@pobox.com
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 18:42:36 -0500

I'm working to create a set of Zope RPMS for 1.10.2. These will be a bit
different from those created by Jeff Rush <jrush@summit-research.com> (his
work did provide great inspiration, though). In particular, I'm
aggressively pursuing integration with RedHat 5.x.

What's new:

 * Zope runs as nobody, not as suid root.
 * Files are installed according to the File System Hierarchy standard.
 * PCGI logs get rotated weekly if logrotate is installed.
 * Write access is carefully confined to a few directories.
 * Upgrading Zope should do the Right Thing with your Data.bbb file.
 * Zope code no longer lives in the system's Python directory--everything
   is isolated from other Python programs.
 * Updating the RPMs for new versions of Zope should be easy.

Right now, I have RPMs for zope and zope-pcgi. If you're interested in
testing them (and know how to back up your existing Zope database), send me
mail.

In the long run, I'd like to work with anybody who's interested in making
Zope and RedHat Linux play nicely.

Cheers,
Eric