[Zope] - Corrupted data record errors?

Jim Fulton jim.fulton@digicool.com
Mon, 04 Jan 1999 11:48:54 -0500

Brad Cox wrote:

> Could someone please advise on what to do about corrupted data,

We need better tools for diagnosing and correcting this sort of thing.
In the mean time, I'd like you to send me (or alternatively
support@digicool.com) the corrupted data file and the traceback.

> and what might have caused it?

This doesn't happen very often (at all, at least not for us).

It usually happens when multiple processes open the file at the same
time, which should generally be prevented by a file lock.  It could
conceavably happen if a process is killed in the process of
writing a record.

I'd like to see the corrupted file to better diagnose the cause and
hopefully prevent it in the future.

> Also, where is this "/home/brian/temp" stuff coming from? There's no such
> directory on my system.

This is an artifact of the way that the Python files were compiled.
Error traceback show the location where the files were compiled,
which is generally different from the run-time locations.

Future binary releases will be made in such a way that relative
(to the Zope installation directory) will be stored in the files
and shown in tracebacks.

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.