[Zope] - ANNOUNCE: ZPublisher component release

Amos Latteier Amos@digicool.com
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 18:58:09 -0500

A long time ago we said that we'd offer Zope components separately, now
we're finally getting around to fulfilling this promise.

http://www.zope.org/Download/Components

Right now we have ZPublisher available, and I'll probably get ZTemplates
up there pretty soon.

The reason for these component releases is to make life easier on people
who are interested in some Zope components but don't want to bother to
download the entire Zope release.

The ZPublisher component includes everything you need to publish Python
objects on the web including:

  ZPublisher -- This package includes the Zope ORB, Zope Debugger, and
Zope RPC client. This package allows you to publish objects with Zope.

  PCGI -- This optional component provides publishing services and long
running process support to the Zope ORB that work with any web server
that supports CGI.

  ZopeHTTPServer -- This optional package is a simple web server which
can publish a module with Zope.

  CGI -- This optional component includes a simple Zope CGI publisher
which allows you to publish objects using a CGI script.

The only thing new is the CGI publisher which is the long awaited
cgi-module-publisher replacement. It's pretty simple and it doesn't use
symbolic links.

I'm calling this release 3.0.0b1 because I am taking up numbering where
Bobo releases left off.

Enjoy.

-Amos

P.S. A long time ago some people including Jeff Bauer and myself talked
about writing some kind of Zope publisher installer that might allow
guided setup of module publishing. I have some code for such a beast if
anyone is still interested in this project.

--
Amos Latteier         mailto:amos@digicool.com
Digital Creations     http://www.digicool.com