[Zope] - Convert database date to Zope date

Michael Grinder grinder@cs.montana.edu
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 22:19:23 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999, Jim Fulton wrote:

> > I don't know sure what sort of value MySQL returns,
>
> I was wondering that myself. Does MySQL have any sort of Date type?

Actually, it has three date data types: date, time, and datetime (or is it
timedate?). I think that the python interface just returns strings though.

> There really should be access to the DateTime constructor
> from DTML.  I'll add it to '_', so in the next release
> you'll be able to:
>
>   <!--#var "_.DateTime(v)"-->
>
> Note that the DateTime class is documented in
> appendix A of the DTML manual.

Yes, I did something like that yesterday. You just need to add one line
and modify one line in DT_Util.py to get DateTime functionality in _.

Michael Grinder