[Zope] - Apache's DSO and mod_rewrite.

LEE, Kwan Soo kslee@plaza1.snu.ac.kr
Sat, 09 Jan 1999 17:56:48 +0900

--------------9CF9D073CD3DEA0E30A62332

Now I see, I guess,  what was the problem with "Apache's DSO and
mod_rewrite" and have a solution for a newbie by newbie(i.e. me).

It is *NOT* Apache problem but RedHat 5.2 problem as Andreas told.

Now the solution for those who DO NOT know how to update SRPM spec file.

1. Get apache-1.3.3-1.src.rpm (from ftp.redhat.com or rufus.w3.org).
2. Install apache-1.3.3-1.src.rpm
3. cd into /usr/src/redhat
4. rpm -bc SPEC/apache.spec
5. cd into /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/apache_1.3.3/src
6. /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd stop
7. cp httpd /usr/sbin/httpd
8. /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start

Then, it works with DSO support. Works so well to be furious. This newbie
spent weeks to guess out what was wrong.

I do not know why it works. But httpd file comes with CD is about 300K less
than the one build from src.rpm.

One obvious good thing for the above procedure is that you apache setting
is not altered at all.

I hope this might be a help for the awefull newbies like me.

Paul Everitt wrote:

> At some point the Zope community has to say, "That's an Apache problem,
> ask them what's wrong."  I _kind of_ felt like demonstrating a working
> system with 1.3.0 provided that kind of claim, but since people were
> using 1.3.3, it was a weak claim.
>
> However, if 1.3.3 is known to work when mod_rewrite is statically
> compiled in, then that's a strong claim.  Can you tell us if it works
> using a statically-compiled mod_rewrite?
>
> --Paul

and

> Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
>
>     I've got an apache-1.3.3 compiled with DSO that works quite well.
>     (Actually, I've updated some apache-ssl spec file and build it myself :) )
>
>     The RH5.2 apache seems to be broken in this respect :(
>     (I've verified that the modules the loaded, but they seem not to work :(
>     )
>
>     Andreas

--------------9CF9D073CD3DEA0E30A62332

Now I see, I guess,&nbsp; what was the problem with "Apache's DSO and mod_rewrite"
and have a solution for a newbie by newbie(i.e. me).
spent weeks to guess out what was wrong.
less than the one build from src.rpm.
is not altered at all.
an Apache problem,
working
works
and
<pre>Andreas Kostyrka wrote:

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I've got an apache-1.3.3 compiled with DSO that works quite well.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (Actually, I've updated some apache-ssl spec file and build it myself :) )

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The RH5.2 apache seems to be broken in this respect :(
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (I've verified that the modules the loaded, but they seem not to work :(&nbsp;
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; )

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Andreas</pre>

--------------9CF9D073CD3DEA0E30A62332--