[Zope] - Zope + Python CE

Robin Dunn robin@alldunn.com
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 17:38:13 -0800

>- What's the problem?
>
>  Everything appears to work okay with the a network card
>  plugged in and the CE device connected to the network.
>  ZopeHTTPServer serves its data to its local IP address.
>  When the network card is removed, however, the socket
>  stuff does not want to run on 127.0.0.1.  I've yet to
>  discover if this is a CE problem or just the Python CE
>  implementation of the socket module.  Do other Win32
>  programs have this problem?

The original Win95 (and presumably latter versions as well as win98...  I
don't know) would not load the TCP/IP stack unless there is a network card,
or the system is currently connected via Dial-up-networking.  Maybe WinCE
has the same bug, (or feature if you ask Microsoft...)

--
Robin Dunn
robin@AllDunn.com