[Zope] - How do I NOT acquire an object from a parent?

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 20:25:42 -0500

Well, I'm working on my web site for "New York State Aviation", and it's
starting off fairly well.. I wanted to model the layout similar to
www.Zope.org

I'm using TinyTable to create my folder specific sidebar (it's great)

But, I'd like subfolders to be able to add their own "middle sidebar" if  a
property is defined in that folder, (and not two folders above). How can I
check to see if a given property exists in the current folder, and isn't
being acquired from above?

How can I use style sheets with zope? I see zope.org has a style
sheet. Do I just upload the .css file as a file object in the parent and
refer to it in the standard_html_header?

It'd be nice if a "Document" could be structuredText. I was thinking of
adding a "fmt" property to a document and setting it to "StructuredText"
but I don't think that'd work.

To use structuredText, I have to have two file objects defined. Any
suggestions to work around this?

Paul also said in www.egroups.com/list/zope/922.html, that Amos was
working on documenting "mailto, relative URLs, footnotes".. I've looked
through StructuredText.py and can't figure out urls or mailto's in the .py I
have. Is that because it's not supported, or not documented?

--

Now I just need to add 44 folder objects, one for each airport in new
york.. sigh

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               ICQ: 14856937

We must come down from our heights, and leave our straight
paths, for the byways and low places of life, if we would
learn truths by strong contrasts; and in hovels, in forecastles,
and among our own outcasts in foreign lands, see what has been
wrought upon our fellow-creatures by accident, hardship, or vice.
- Richard Henry Dana, Jr. 1836