[Zope] - Importing images from subfolders in lowerfolders fails

Christopher G. Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 12:24:55 -0500

On Fri, Jan 15, 1999 at 11:35:13AM -0500, Brad Clements wrote:
> [ discusses the problems with image insertion and acquisition ]

Actually, what I've been thinking about, and just have to find some time
to implement (isn't that always the problem), since I have to write tons
of Python for work too... is a #ref tag...

Basically, #ref would come in a few forms:

<!--#ref imageName-->

This would give you the absolute URL where the object is stored,
regardless of how it's been acquired...

<!--#ref imageName fmt="relative"-->

This would give you the RELATIVE URL to your current position in the
"hierarchy".

<!--#ref imageName fmt="acquire"-->

This would give yo uthe acquired location :-) This would behave largely
identical to the current #var tag..

I'v not looked at how to extend DTML, though wouldn't it be nice to have
DTML go through it's default tags, and if it can't find anything, maybe
use __dtml_ref__ on the object? Just a wacko though.

Chris