[Zope] - Help with Zope . . .

David Wagle daw@HealthPartners.com
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 14:35:39 -0600

I'm looking for some detailed help, being new to both Zope adn Python, and I'm hoping
someone here can take the time.

I would like to use Zope to help build a procedures database system for our
company (about 8k employees). The starting project is a much scaled down
goal of providing for a procedures database for the dozen or so IS people.

I have a mysql database, and a Zope page that will allow me to insert data into
the page.  What I need to figure out how to do is:

a) login the user to the system and GET that information for the DHTTP script.
b) create a new UNIQUE folder for the created procedure username+DateTime.timeTime pehaps
c) provide a way to upload the procedure (an HTML page & associated images adn/or files) to the new directory FROM THE PAGE that gets the information about the procedure for the database.

If I could figure out 'a' from the documentation (which I've yet to do correctly it seems), I
could figure out b . . .  since the O'Rielly python text has some very clear examples in it.

I am clueless as to how to do 'c.' I figured out how to use the netscape "Publish" feature to
'PUT' a page once you know the URL, but I would like it to be more 'automagical' than that. I
would like the user to just be able to give the local path (on their machine) to the base page, and have it and all the associated files moved over.

Some pointers would be great.

Thanks,

Dave
(not looking forward to learning far more about HTML, HTTP, and CGI than he ever really wanted
to know :)