[Zope] - backing up Data.bbb

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 17:17:54 -0500

Simon wrote:
> A related question - I have imported 179 files totalling 50Mb into the
> zbase. My find function takes about 10 seconds to list them
> all, on a sparc
> 10. Would this be considered a large database ? I do want
> this to scale up.

As indicated in the roadmap I just sent out, the pieces of Tabula that
provide scale and searchability are going to migrate their way into
Zope.  In the near term the only documentation for it will be with
Tabula.

The plan for Tabula is to make it available to a small audience at
first.  The main reason is that, until we bring on some more staff, our
plate is pretty full supporting (and documenting!) what we already have
out there.  The audience will be limited to people that are working on
projects that we can write case studies on.

--Paul

Paul Everitt       Digital Creations
paul@digicool.com  540.371.6909