[Zope] - Authorization aside...

skip@calendar.com (Skip Montanaro) skip@calendar.com (Skip Montanaro)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 11:28:18 -0500 (EST)

    Magnus> .. I still get problems with proxying... Whenever I have a
    Magnus> relative link somewhere in my Zope pages, they always end up on
    Magnus> the server machine, and not the proxy, because Zope insists
    Magnus> (naturally) on using the server machine as base URL. Now... Is
    Magnus> there any way I can change the base URL?  (There should be...)
    Magnus> Otherwise... Will there be in the future?

I ran into this problem as well.  The solution for me (using ZopeHTTPServer
behind Apache) was to tell it explicitly what its SERVER_NAME, SERVER_PORT
and SCRIPT_NAME environment variables are, then use them to construct URLs
in my DocumentTemplates.  Note that since I'm only using ZopeHTTPServer I
don't have to worry about incorrect BASE tags showing up in my documents'
<head>s.

Skip Montanaro	   | Mojam: "Uniting the World of Music" http://www.mojam.com/
skip@calendar.com  | Musi-Cal: http://concerts.calendar.com/
518-372-5583