[Zope] - Servlet PCGI client?

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 09:58:44 -0500 (EST)

Jim Fulton writes:
>Does anyone on this list have experience writing servlets and
>feel inclined to try wrining this thing?  I think it could be
>pretty useful, since I think that a number of web servers
>support servlets.

	At least with the Apache mod_jserv, servelets are actually
implemented similarly to PCGI.  mod_jserv packages the request and
forwards it to a long-running Java process that handles the request
and returns the results, which is essentially the same as PCGI (except
that no one has written mod_pcgi yet).  I believe Sun's servlet runner
works in the same way.

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
Chess! I'm tormented by thoughts of strip chess. Pure mind just isn't enough,