[Zope] - OO paradigm

Dave G DAve@mail.netraven.com
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:44:29 -0800

At 2:05 PM -0800 1/21/99, Michael Bernstein wrote:
>Yes, this was what I meant. Each individual 'pseudo hierarchy' object is
>still a strict hierarchy, but because they intersect, the actual content
>structure of the site as a whole is a multidimensional lattice.
>
>This has several uses, such as the ability to show alternative content
>depending on a second top level hierarchy (as with your language example), or
>if you are using the additional hierarchy to represent a different
>organization of the same content, your server logs will very explicitly show
>what navigation methods are preferred by your users. One other idea I had was
>to have path dependent navigation rendering, instead of just context
>dependent navigation.
>
>Any comments?
>
>Michael Bernstein.
 Comments?  Thank you Thank you Thank you.  I have been struggeling with a
metaphor for exactly that.  You have put it into words for me, "Lattice" is
an excellent name. I agree with you completely that this would be a great
addition to Zope!

DAve.

"On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at
the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait, and waiting -- died"