[Zope] - Where do I put source code files???

Roey Katz katz@wam.umd.edu
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 17:09:20 GMT

On Thu, 21 Jan 99 15:29 PST, you wrote:

>From: katz@wam.umd.edu (Roey Katz)
>> I don't understand if example.cgi  should be under the Principia
>> object heirarchy or under the actual filesystem.
>
>There's an echo in here - I asked this morning. In the filesystem.
>And then connect up external methods.
If I want to connect external methods, then the Principia guide says
there

>I think they are already in the name space when your module is imported
>into it. You are going under the assumption that your module is the top
>level entity, it is not.
>
>They tell me they don't want to put python code in the object database.
>Just why should be put on the zope web site.

So I should write my code as an external method for the time being?
This confuses me;  if I have an external method (and then add the
external method to a directory through the Principia GUI), then when I
need to package my Product, what becomes of all the configuration
information for that directory? example:

# assuming I already have a directory under
# /usr/local/Zope<version>/lib/python/Products, and assuming that
# I have properly set up __init__.py,  I should then see a
# Framework directory  /Control_Panel/Products/testproduct
# when I "cd /usr/local/Zope<version>;   ./serve.sh &"
# assuming this, I get:

/Control_Panel/Products/testproduct
   # now I add objects through the Principia GUI:
   added External Method 'ext_meth1'
   added External Method 'ext_meth2'
   added Document 'index.html'  (or 'index_html'?)
   added Image 'img_1'

---
now:

1) how do I specify that /Control_Panel/Products/testproduct
should be mapped to http://www.mydomain.com/  ?

2) Suppose I want to demonstrate Zope to someone and I must install it
on their computer.  Must I repeat what I did above, or is there some
easy way of copying/tarballing a project in its entirety (framework +
filesystem data together)?  The problem I see is that important
objects are kept within the Zope framework instead of the filesystem,
which forces me to care about which object is in which storage
heirarchy (Zope object framework or normal filesystem?)
3)