[Zope] - Zap-1.1.0pre

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 12:46:31 -0500

Hello,

I'd like some of you linux folks who are interested to try out the new
version of Zap (Zope + Apache).  Extract the tarball in your top level
Zope dir, and run 'zap/start'.  This should fire up an Apache to server
your Zope.  I am working on a FAQ, Troubleshooting document, and a new
home page, these things coming soon.  Zap for other platforms is in the
works.

New features include:

Apache 1.3.4

dynamic loaded modules (mod_rewrite and mod_proxy by default)

binary now called 'zap' instead of 'httpd' for distinction in 'ps'

fixed up startup and stop scripts to whack the Zope process properly

http://www.zope.org/Download/Prereleases/Zap/Zap-1.1.0pre-linux2-x86.tar.gz

Please report bugs to me (michel@digicool.com)

Thanks!

Michel Pelletier