[Zope] - How can I get the column names from an SQL Method with DTML?

Jim Fulton jim.fulton@digicool.com
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 12:52:36 -0500

Plamen Nikolaev wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I've been fascinated with Zope for 3 days already (thanks Digital
> Creations!) and here is my first serious problem: I would like to ease
> the creation of input forms for inserting data in a database.  My plan
> is to be able to generate a form based on the fields of an already
> created SQL Method with a "select * from table" statement.
>
> My question is: how can I get the column names from the SQL method?  I
> think I noticed that _searchable_result_columns() is used to get this
> information when creating a Search Interface.  Is it possible to get
> it from DTML without using an External Method?

Not currently.  We plan to fix this.

Note that Zope already includes a wizard to do this for you.
Try adding a Zope Search Interface.

Uh, patches to improve this wizard would be welcomed. ;)

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.