[Zope] - Bug? (Overzealous authorization)

Jim Fulton jim.fulton@digicool.com
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 12:57:21 -0500

Magnus Lie Hetland wrote:

> After a small problem uploading a file, now Zope insists on me supplying a
> password even for just watching the pages. I have looked at the Anonymous
> rights, and they are as they have always been... What can I do about this?
> (These are the times when I wish I could see what was in the DB...

OK:

  - Shut down the web process

  - cd to lib/python

  - start python

  - import Main

  - Main.app is the top level folder.  You can use
    Python to inspect your objects.  Keep in mind,
    however, that if you look at __dict__ (or dir())
    before an object is active, the results could be
    missleading. If you want to make sure an object is
    active, just try getting an attribute from it.

  - You can also use the debugger from the Python prompt.
    For example, to test access to the foo document in folder
    bar with user ID 'Magnus' and password 123:

      import ZPublisher
      ZPublisher.Main('bar/foo',d=1,u='Magnus:123')

    then step through the debugger and you can see exactly what's
    going on.

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.