[Zope] - Re: XML-RPC

skip@calendar.com (Skip Montanaro) skip@calendar.com (Skip Montanaro)
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 14:14:04 -0500 (EST)

    Skip> POST /RPC2 HTTP/1.0

    Jim> That was just an example.  XML-RPC says:

    Jim> "The format of the URI in the first line of the header is not
    Jim> specified.  For example, it could be empty, a single slash, ....
    Jim> we allow the URI to help route the request to the code that handles
    Jim> XML-RPC requests."

Oops, my mistake.  That's what I get for just looking at the pictures... ;-)

Still, a URI plus a content type should be enough to decide you're going to
be processing an XML-RPC request, right?  Presumably you won't have the same
combination of URI and content type meaning two completely different things.

Still, if "text/xml" as a content-type isn't sufficient, perhaps we can
prevail upon Dave Winer to add a parameter to the content type, e.g.:

    text/xml; service=XML-RPC

Is this what you had in mind?

Skip