[Zope] - Website recommendation

Kevin Dangoor kid@ans.net
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 14:47:22 -0500

On Fri, Jan 22, 1999 at 01:58:42PM -0500, Michel Pelletier wrote:
,-----
| Kevin Dangoor wrote:
|
| >         I've seen a few Products that people have put together here
| > and posted on their own websites. I think it would be good to take
| > the contrib area on the Zope site seriously, so that it will grow
| > into a repository as useful as CPAN.
|
| Please (everyone) brainstorm some ideas on this.  We don't want
| to make this 'as useful as CPAN' we want to make this way far
| out there more superior to CPAN in every aspect.  If we can especialy
| do the Trove spec nicely, such supersites as The-Artist-Formerly-Known-
| As-Sunsite (Metalab) and others have said they'd switch.  Immagine
| that exposure!  And to say you helped write it, I think it can be
| huge.
`-----

Between your message and Paul's, it sounds like you guys really are on
top of this. That's great! I must agree, as well, that things can
certainly be better than CPAN. Is there some place that I can read more
about Trove? I'm curious about the types of things that are covered
by that spec.

Kevin

--
Kevin Dangoor