[Zope] - ANNOUNCE: TinyTable Beta 1

Ty Sarna tsarna@endicor.com
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 20:34:34 -0600 (CST)

Michael Bailey wrote:

Well, you already figured out the first part :^)

> The reason it wasn't working for me was that I had defined
> cid as a folder property of type int. (I do this so I don't
> have to enter the same value into a test form repeatedly)
>
> It needed to be a string.

If the column you're matching against is of string type, yes.  The
comparison is done using regular python rules, so 3 and '3' are
different.  If that column will contain only numeric id's, you can
append ":int" to the name and then the values will be stored as
integers. Column names can also be suffixed with ":float", ":date",
and ":long" to get values of those other types.