[Zope] - Re: Apache problems

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 09:50:33 -0500

Kevin Dangoor wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         We traded a couple emails a couple days back about my problems
getting
> Zope to authenticate properly. I have solved part of the puzzle, but
still
> can't get Zope to see an Authorization header.
>
>         At first, I thought the rewrite engine wasn't working at all.
I now
> know that it is. Something you may want to put in your WEBSERVER.txt
doc:
> when using mod_rewrite from a .htaccess file, you need to write your
> rewrite rules relative to the local directory.

Gotcha.  Working on a whole new FAQ, I'll add that.

> Your example rewrite rule starts with something like:
>
> RewriteRule ^/Zope/(.*) /zopepath/zope.cgi/$1 [blah blah]
>
> From htaccess at the doc root, it should be:
> RewriteRule ^Zope/(.*) /zopepath/zope.cgi/$1 [blah blah]
>
> So, I now have the rewriting of the URL happening as expected.
However,
> I still can't get to the management interface. I don't *think* there
> would really need to be any difference in the RewriteCond. Any ideas?

I'm assuming in the [blah blah] you still have the
e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1? Also,
The RewriteCond must come before the Rule, that's what the %1
references.  Just checking the
obvious there, otherwise what I'd suggest is writing a simple script
that spits up your
environment settings (perl or python will work) and calling that through
it's own

RewriteRule and see if HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION is even getting set.  This
is where
having a RewriteLog comes in handy, and it tells you what it's setting
and when.
A possiblity there is to set up your own copy of Zap, have it run as you
listening on a high
port, and tweak all the rules and settings till you get it to work.  At
least there you'll
have some idea what the Rewrite Engine is doing.

-Michel