[Zope] - RESPONSE.headers Help needed

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 10:04:58 -0500

> To return to an old thread....I've been trying to achieve the
> equivalent of
> the code below in DTML. Since you can't make assignments in
> DTML, I've been
> trying the following....
>
> <!--#call
> "_['RESPONSE'].setHeader('Content-Type','application.binary')"-->
> <!--#call
> "_['RESPONSE'].setHeader('Content-Disposition','inline;filenam
> e=phoneBook.cs
> v')"-->
>
> IE4 opens up a window and looks as if it's about to download
> a file, but
> then the message ...
>
> 'The downloaded files is not available. This could be due to
> Security or
> Language settings or because the server was unable to
> retrieve the selected
> file'. I've tried text/csv as the Content-Type as well and
> get the same
> error.
>
> It also says that it's trying to download the name of the document,
> 'displayAll' and not the desired filename, 'phoneBook.csv'
>
> Anyone any ideas?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andy.

I seem to remember Paul finding that IE choked on downloads
with Content-Disposition headers -- have you tried using
Netscape to download this? We never found a way around IE's
problem that I know of, though I believe we found that NS
handled the situation correctly...

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909