[Zope] - zen zope

David Brown davidbro@home.com
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 20:38:29 -0800

It's really nice when that insight catches up with you, and you
realize that if you just move your angle of perception a couple of
degrees, you'll see that moose that just wandered into the room.

After sending off some mail to this list (and getting very useful
and Zope and Templates and the Apparent Lack Thereof, I ignored
it for a while.

And I played a little bit (unsuccessfully) with ZServer, periodically
looking at the website.  I noticed the HOWTO on changing the default
object from index_html to whatever you wanted.  I also noticed that it
DIDN'T really change the default, it just modified index_html to load
whatever page you wanted.

I suddenly felt both smart and stupid at the same time.

I can use index_html as my "template", with index_html loading the
page I want rendered.  So now my index_html loads index.html.  I can
create subfolders, with their own index.html, and they all inherit
from the index_html, with the style that I want.

Blam.  There it was.

Funny, I've been getting paid to do OOP all these years (with
Smalltalk, Java, and C++, but Smalltalk the most), and I didn't see
the obvious.

dave (finding zen, line by line)