[Zope] - ODBC troubles

Michael Bernstein mbernstein@profitscape.net
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 14:03:15 -0800

"Kiss, Arpad" wrote:

> > > I'm rather new to Zope and am having trouble getting ODBC
> > > connectivity to
> > > work. I've downloaded the file
> > > "ZODBCDA-3.0.3-win32-x86-python-1.5.1.tar.gz"

> In this case WinZip doesn't realize there is a tar file in the gz file.
> So type 'tar' suffix at the end of the file name when WinZip ask you for
> a file name.

When you run winzip on it the first time, it should ask you for a file
name for the contained file, so give it
ZODBCDA-3.0.3-win32-x86-python-1.5.1.tar , after which it should ask you
wheteher you want to uncompress it as well.

The contributed files on the Zope site are all named *_tar.gz , so
Winzip doesn't understand that it is a .tar inside of a .gz

Hope this helps.

Michael Bernstein.