[Zope] - ZServer and RedHat

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@mtg.co.at
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 23:39:11 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Michel Pelletier wrote:

> So... I d/led, compiled and installed my own Python (1.5.1 and
> overwriting
> the RH one).  For those of you out there who want to do this but aren't
> down
> on compiling things, I used this sequence:
You can also download the .src.rpm, to keep the rpm database clean.
rpm -i python-1.5.1-*.src.rpm

Afterwards, you get probably in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS (If you've changed
the location, than you do not need somebody to tell you how to patch a
spec file.) a python*.spec file.

In this file, search for the configure line, and add --with-threads.

Then do a rpm -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/python*.spec

Afterwards, you'll find the new threaded rpms in
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/<arch>, and can install them with
rpm -U --force (as the do have the same release number as the RH
orginals).

Andreas

> ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-threads
> make
> make install (<- probably have to be root)

Andreas
--
Win95: n., A huge annoying boot virus that causes random spontaneous system
     crashes, usually just before saving a massive project.  Easily cured by