[Zope] - ZServer reactions?

Andre Posumentov andre@babbage.co.uk
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 16:17:18 -0000

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Amos Latteier wrote:
> I haven't heard any reactions so far to the new ZServer alpha
release which
> includes FTP. I suppose that this is because it's so good that there
are no
> bugs to report ;-)

Some feedback on a first attempt to run ZServer under Windows NT
(SP4), and using IExplorer 4 (with Service Pack 1):

I added a 'start.bat' and made the changes in serve.py to ensure that
the correct python.exe and sys.path are used.  ZServer comes up fine,
but IExplorer produces the intriguing error message when I try to
connect:

"Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site
 http://localhost:9673/Main
 An Internal error occurred in the Windows Internet
 Extensions"

I was puzzled by the fact that telnetting to port 9673 and doing a
"GET /Main" or "GET /Main HTTP/1.1" produced the desired output, and
after some further probing I've disabled "chunked encoding" as
suggested in 'http_server.py'.

Line 55:  used_chunked = 0 (instead of 1)

That seems to do the trick, everything works.

ZServer currently seems to produce no stdout logging for HTTP, only
for FTP connections.  Is there a way to enable this?

-- andre
Andre Posumentov
andre@babbage.co.uk