[Zope] - Sort date in gadfly/zope

FR Chalaoux chalaouxf@synbio.tpgnet.net
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 17:50:57 +0100

Hi All,

As you know a gadfly database has no date type for the moment.
Thus, as Aaron Watters recommanded, sort date is possible if you
construct a date string with the format 'YY:MM:DD'(without quote).

Problem :
=======
Construct this string date with existing value YY, MM, and DD and
insert it in my table.

Question :
=======
Is it possible to construct this string date on the fly in an SQL
method or is it an other solution?

I tried the following SQL method which insert my values in my table
but it does not work :

insert into  star(id, position, date, year, month, day)

select max(id)+1,
<!--#sqlvar position type=int-->,
<!--#sqlvar year type=string-->:<!--#sqlvar month type=string-->:<!--
#sqlvar day type=string-->,
<!--#sqlvar year type=int-->,
<!--#sqlvar month type=string-->,
<!--#sqlvar day type=string-->,

 from star

Remark: 'year' is enter one time as a integer and in 'date' as a
string; I don't know if it is possible?

FR.

François-Régis Chalaoux
Bioinformatics Group