[Zope] - Re: Name clashes (PIL vs Zope)...

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 15:42:50 +0100

>I'd love to use PIL.  I'd like it even more if the PIL community was
>less antagonistic.

Well, either you change the name or I do.  I don't see how
I can do that without causing an enormous amount of trouble
for all existing users of PIL (including ourselves and our paying
customers, some of which are using it with pre-1.5 versions of
Python).  After all, we've used the "Image" prefix since 1995,
and this is the first time anyone has reported a nameclash.

Suggestions are welcome, but don't expect me to undertake a
massive renaming/restructuring effort if that can be avoided.
Maybe in 2.0.

    /F