[Zope] Help - Database Connection String

Bill Anderson bill.anderson@libc.org
Sat, 03 Jul 1999 10:05:46 -0600

"Emmanuel M. Viado" wrote:

> I have successfully installed Zope 1.10.3 , MySQL 3.21.31 and ZMySQLDA 1.1.3
> on Linux Mandrake 5.2. Zope is working fine.
>
> However, when adding a ZMySQLDA database connector, I get an error message:
> - invalid connection string when I use mysql test as connection string. I
> tried several strings - still invalid.

The connections string is of the format:

databasename@hostname username password

such that:

test@localhost webmaster letmein

where:
o test is the name of the database you want to connect to
o localhost because the database is on the same machine
o webmaster is the user set up to access the database from the web
o letmein is the password used by the webmaster user.

Of course, you would have to have the user set up in mysql as well.

Cheers,

Bill Anderson