[Zope] Error Messages?

michel@digicool.com michel@digicool.com
03 Jul 1999 12:23:37 -0400

Andreas Kostyrka <andreas@mtg.co.at> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I've got two questions:
> -) How do I customize the Zope error message?
> -) Can I have custom error messages in Subfolders?

Yes, you can do both.  You can customize any errors that happen in
DTML or in the object system by editing standard_html_error.  Since
this method is acquired everywhere in the object system, you can
override it at specific points by just creating a new method (or any
object, really) called standard_html_error.

Note that at the moment, you cannot edit errors which happen in
ZPublisher, such as Bad Request, Unauthorized and (perhaps most
annoyingly) 404 Not Found.  There are proposals on the table to add
hooks to the publisher to hook into standard_error_message, but there
are no resources to commit to the project.  This would be an excellent
contribution.  It's not as easy as it sounds, but not intensly
difficult either.

-Michel