[Zope] shared instance error

Graham Chiu anon_emouse@hotmail.com
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 11:37:51 +1200

In article <m3hfnllmtf.fsf@localhost.localdomain>, michel@digicool.com
writes

>Are you sure this is an error?  Errors *allways* have tracebacks by

Well, Zope says it's an error!

Zope Error

Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: query

I have tried to determine when this error occurs, and it seems to be
only the very first time a particular page is published by zserver/zope.

Subsequent accesses to the same page by different browsers do not
generate the error.  But shut down Zserver/zope, restart, acccess the
page, and the error message appears.  Refresh within the browser, and
the error goes.

>their nature, they are Python exceptions.  If this is all you are
>getting, then somwhere in your DTML you are not correctly calling the
>object above, and the DTML parser is just repr()ing the object.  For
>example, if you iterated over a bunch of subfolders:
>
><!--#in "objectValues('Folder')"-->
>  <!--#var sequence-item-->
><!--#/in-->
>
>You would get:
>
><Folder instance at XXXXXX>
><Folder instance at XXXXXX>
><Folder instance at XXXXXX>
><Folder instance at XXXXXX>
> .
>.
> .
>

>This is because the DTML parser sees that you have just put
><!--#sequence-item--> (which is an object) in the output, and since it
>doesn't know what to do with this object, it simple repr()s it.
>Somewhere in your code, a Shared.DC.ZRDB.RDB.DatabaseResults object is
>just be referenced, and probably not called.
>
>-Michel

-------
Regards,        Graham Chiu
gchiu<at>compkarori.co.nz