[Zope] Pluggable brains?

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 08:29:07 +0100

At 7:09 pm -0500 4/7/99, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>At 01:07 AM 7/5/99 +0200, Alexander Staubo wrote:
>>Could somebody explain the concept of pluggable brains? I have come
>>across this phrase more than once, and I still don't know what it is. Is
>>there any documentation on this?
>>
>>Is it by any chance related to an SQL Method's ability to represent data
>>records with Python classes?
>
>Yes.  Sorry for the term, I picked it up from Jim Fulton back when it was
>an about-to-be-added feature for Principia/Aqueduct.  As with so many
>Fultonisms, it's vivid and tends to stick in one's (non-pluggable) brain.

At last! an explanation....I came across this term and thought it was
the strangest thing I'd seen in a software description for a long
time (visions of Igor passing a 'fresh brain' to a ZopeMeister came
to mind!).

tone
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2