[Zope] Zope's storage methods

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Mon, 05 Jul 1999 16:40:18 +0200

At 16:21 05/07/99 , Rachid van Es wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>I subscribed a few minutes ago, because of this question:
>
>Is database storage the only way in which Zope stores its files?

Zope does not store files, but objects. These objects are stored in a
persistent object database, so yes, that would be the only way.

There are products in development that allow you to 'mount' filebased data
into the Zope object hierarchy.

>It would explain Zope's sluggishness at times... Is there a way to change
>this to a "normal" method?

What is your setup? I wouldn't type Zope as sluggish, although individual
setups could be.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer