[Zope] ZClasses and methods

Alex Rice alrice@swcp.com
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 15:23:29 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 5 Jul 1999 21:44:15 -0100,
raver@box.dust.za.net said:

raver> Lately I've been working on a ZClass thingie, but got stuck last
raver> night. I've made several methods dtml- and external ones to the
raver> class, and want more, mainly a dtml method displaying a form. Now
raver> thats no problem, but how shall I address other methods,
raver> contained in the class, in the 'action' part of the form?

You want the form to have multiple ACTIONs depending what button is hit
by the user?

If so, you can use the :method type of form element. For example, if I
have a dhtml method named "manage", I can make the form be submitted to
that method by creating a submit button with the name "manage:method"

 <input type=submit name="manage:method" value="manage something...">

You can have as many of these as you want in your form.

I assume this works with ZClasses too, but haven't tried it.

Alex Rice    |    alrice@swcp.com    |    http://www.swcp.com/~alrice
    Current Location: N. Rio Grande Bioregion, Southwestern USA