[Zope] Using Zclasses

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 07:58:36 +0200

Sort of; if I have interpreted unofficial statements on the list from DC
people correctly, ZClasses replace products in many cases, although very
possibly not all; for example, I'm quite certain that most of Confera
could have been implemented as a ZClass. Certainly the product API is
complex (or undocumented) to an extent which makes ZClass more
desirable, moreover from an object-orientated design perspective,
products are inferior.

(If that is what you asked. If the question was "What is the product
interface for?" then the answer isn't "So you can edit properties
through the standard management interface," and it isn't "So you can
have properties as objects," either.)

--
Alexander Staubo             http://www.mop.no/~alex/
"What the hell, he thought, you're only young once, and threw