[Zope] To all Zope mailing list readers

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 13:38:41 +0100

At 3:16 pm +0300 7/7/99, Samu Mielonen wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm a new member (been subscribed for three days only), but
>I have a couple of questions or suggestions:
>
>- Wouldn't it be worthwile if people answered even the most
>  silliest questions on the list rather than
>  sending ansers only to personal e-mail?

Doing a quick scan of mail headers - it looks like people do that
already. I always cc to the list as well as the person  as it's
likely they'll get the message quicker that way.

>PS As a beginner of both Zope and Python, I'm wondering if I
>should dive into Zope 1.x or 2.x for my learning and development
>work, esp. if I'm planning to have something up and running on
>the public web in two months time (wishful thinking, I know :) ?

I reckon go for Zope 2, as I believe 1.x is no longer being
developed. - I don't grok ZClasses too well, but the enhancements to
DTML (let and entities spring to mind) are terrific. Oh, and it's
quicker too.
tone
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2