[Zope] Can I change the authentication realm programmatically?

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 16:41:53 +0100

Hi all,
I need to interface with some systems that have their own
authentication systems (.htaccess of all things - they can't get
mod_perl to work properly, sigh). Unfortunately, the realm that
they've chosen is not 'Zope' :)

What I'd like to do is authenticate against the realm that they've
chosen by using the UserDB product. Then just jump to their pages and
(hopefully) because I'm using the correct realm, I'll be let into
their system.

Trouble is, I can't figure out where to fill in the gap realm='SST
Tutor', it seems that 'Zope' is hard-coded in to the source.

Anyone got any ideas?
tone
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2