[Zope] 'selection' and 'multiple selection' property types

Alex Rice alrice@swcp.com
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 00:17:05 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 07 Jul 1999 16:32:08 +0200,
Martijn Pieters <mj@antraciet.nl> said:

Martijn> They are, for displaying a list as a SELECT field. It is very
Martijn> limited, you can only use it for one field per propertysheet,
Martijn> but here goes:

Cool! You are really good at explaining this stuff, Martijn. I also
learned a lot from your earlier post about inheriting from Object
Manager. Thanks...

Martijn> Personally, I'd like it to be more flexible on what list
Martijn> property is being used to fill the drop-down list or
Martijn> listbox. Maybe, for a (multiple) selection property named xxx,
Martijn> you should define a text property named
Martijn> xxx_select_variable. This way you can have more than one
Martijn> (multiple) selection property on any given propertysheet.

Yes! This would be definitely helpful.

Martijn> Patch to properties.dtml to support this:

I'm not very experienced with diff and friends, but I can't apply this
patch. I tried it against 2.0a3 and the latest CVS version... oh,
properties.dtml hasn't changed recently anyways :-) Am I applying it
wrong? My properties.dtml is 5169 bytes.

   [alex@monsoon OFS]$  patch --verbose -p0 < properties.dtml.patch
   Hmm...  Looks like a new-style context diff to me...
   The text leading up to this was:
   --------------------------
   |*** properties.dtml~    Wed Jul  7 15:37:41 1999
   |--- properties.dtml     Wed Jul  7 16:18:08 1999
   Patching file `properties.dtml' using Plan A...
   Hunk #1 FAILED at 64.
   Hunk #2 FAILED at 73.
   2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to properties.dtml.rej
   Hmm...  Ignoring the trailing garbage.
   done

Alex Rice    |    alrice@swcp.com    |    http://www.swcp.com/~alrice
    Current Location: N. Rio Grande Bioregion, Southwestern USA