[Zope] Can I change the authentication realm programmatically?

Ross J. Reedstrom reedstrm@wallace.ece.rice.edu
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 11:21:31 -0500

On Wed, Jul 07, 1999 at 04:41:53PM +0100, Tony McDonald wrote:

> What I'd like to do is authenticate against the realm that they've
> chosen by using the UserDB product. Then just jump to their pages and
> (hopefully) because I'm using the correct realm, I'll be let into
> their system.
>
> Trouble is, I can't figure out where to fill in the gap realm='SST
> Tutor', it seems that 'Zope' is hard-coded in to the source.

I've just been digging through the source. Looks like the realm get's
set in the ZPublisher component. It's not hardcoded, though. Here's a
snippet:

        elif os.environ.has_key('Z_REALM'):
	            realm=os.environ['Z_REALM']

> Anyone got any ideas?

So, if you can put up with changing the realm for your entire Zope install,
just set an environment variable Z_REALM='SST Tutor'

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer