[Zope] socket.error: (10048, 'winsock error')

O.l.i.v.e.r T.h.u.n.s O.l.i.v.e.r T.h.u.n.s" <oliver.thuns@gmx.de
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 10:25:18 +0100

> >   File "ZServer\medusa\select_trigger.py", line 102, in __init__
>> >     a.bind (self.address)
>> >   File "<string>", line 1, in bind
>> > socket.error: (10048, 'winsock error')
>> >

>> I've never used Windows but I suspect you don't have access rights to
>> bind to whatever port your using.  This is what the 'bind'
>> call does, at
>> least on UNIX.
>
>or something else has already taken the port... For example, if you're
>asking ZServer to grab tcp port 80 and IIS is already running on port 80
>you might also get this error.  Running netstat on your NT box might
>also shed some light...

My previous old ZServer starts (but I get errors and don't know why,
maybe because I updated tp Python 1.5.2).
Apache will start, if I configure the server name, so I don't think
it's a problem with my windows setup.
There is no other server running on this machine. Maybe I should
mention it's a Windows 95 machine. I think there are less problems with
Windows NT, but I don't want to install NT for testing some Z stuff.

T get the same error with the medusa server from
medusa-src-990517.tar.gz. I will ask Sam Rushing, maybe he could help.