[Zope] Zope and Frontier Comparison

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 17:50:13 -0400

I just D/Led frontier today, so I'm still looking at it.  Looks like
interesting stuff.

> It would not be difficult in Zope2 to create ZClasses
> that automatically use a default template.

These ZClasses have in fact been created here in house, we have a ZClass
called STXDocument that has a two sided nature, one is the Content, the
other is the Format.  You can think of it as a hybrid between DTML
Documents and DTML Methods.  The content you can edit is the DTML
Document part, and the Format is the DTML Method.

They're a bit misnamed, because they are not limited to STX, in fact, we
could use a good name suggestion for this cool object.  By default, the
format is

<!--#var standard_html_header-->
<!--#var content fmt=structured-text-->
<!--#var standard_html_footer-->

This can be changed in one of the object's 'views' just like a DTML
Method.

-Michel