[Zope] Question: user homepages

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 00:31:53 +0200

But surely the management interfaces use the user folder mechanism to
authenticate (that, and checking for the superuser account), and the
vanilla acl_users folder doesn't use cookies for authentication.

So the concept of raising Unauthorized to "log out" won't work very well
with browsers -- if I understood the solution correctly it means you'll
get a password dialog in your face when you hit "Logout". Not very
elegant?

Besides, the question applies to the management interface, and the
proposed solution would only work for a straight DTML page. Unless you
do something peculiar, the two won't mix.

--
Alexander Staubo             http://www.mop.no/~alex/
"He won a first at Oxford, squandered three fortunes, made love to a