[Zope] A better version of the Image object?

Darran Edmundson Darran.Edmundson@bigfoot.com
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 19:00:06 +1000

How are Zopers dealing with providing images at
various resolutions?  I started off creating a
separate folder for each image, the folder containing
three Zope image objects with pictures at high, medium
and low resolution.  I added a resolution property
and a DTML method for rendering the appropriate
image.

This "works" but is rather inelegant.  (I am also
ignorant about how to automate the creation of this
hierarchy - a folder and three subimages.)

It would be much nicer if the image object could
render itself at various resolutions.  That is,
you upload 1 high-res version and can obtain lower
res versions when calling the render method.
Being new to Zope, is it possible to sub-class the
base objects and have them generally available?

(This raises the question: is there a user-contributed
archive of Zope objects?)

Any info is much appreciated.  I can see the power
of Zope but am still hanging precariously on the
learning curve.

Cheers,

Darran Edmundson
dEdmundson@bigfoot.com