[Zope] Text won't Wrap on Zope site

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 09:37:41 -0400

Alex wrote:
> (backslashes)
>
> Cees> If STX cannot handle this, it may be a good idea to add it -
> Cees> nothing irritates a lot of people more than pages that don't
> Cees> resize with their browser for non-obvious reasons (the obvious
> Cees> reasons being broad images or tables).
>
> That sounds like a good solution. Variable width text should always
> wrap. That's one of my biggest pet peeves -- variable width text that
> does not wrap.

Sorry, it ain't gonna happen.  What does a backslash mean in a SQL
statement?  What does it mean in an HTML snippet?

Inserting characters that the author didn't intend to be in there is
evil.  Asking the authors to re-type all their code so that it will
display in 640 pixels probably isn't realistic.

Can someone take a look at other sites (such as sitebuilder or devnet)
and find out how they handle this issue?

--Paul