[Zope] Is there a DB2 adapter ?

Cees de Groot cg@cdegroot.com
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 19:31:01 +0200

alex@mop.no said:
> I have no idea how the Zope ODBC adapter works on Unix, but there are
> DB2 ODBC drivers for both Windows and Unix. On Unix, expect to pay
> dearly for it. OpenLink provides some drivers for free under a limited
> "personal use" license -- max two connections iirc.

I worked for OpenLink, and although I didn't do work on the DB2 driver myself
I know that the DB2 ODBC driver is very close to a no-op, because DB2's
interface is very similar (inherited from X/Open SQL Access Group CLI, ,the
inspiration for ODBC as well). If paying OpenLink is a problem (I cannot
comment on the quality of their product, I left almost two years ago) I think
that converting Python or Zope's ODBC backend to DB2 would be fairly trivial,
especially because you're not likely to use the more funky stuff like
scrollable cursors and other ODBC 3.0 "goodies" from Zope.

Regards.

Cees
--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>