[Zope] Zope2 and database adapters?

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 12:04:32 +0000

Alexander Staubo wrote:

> Chris Petrilli's status report on database adapters seems to imply that
> database adapters are functionally working with Zope2, but that upgrades
> are needed for performance reasons. True?

No.  Only the Gadfly DA has been updated to work with the new ZODB 3
transaction protocols.  Getting the other DAs to work with the
new protocols should not be that hard, especially since there is
now a mix-in class to make this easier.

In addition, *all* of the DAs need to be updated to work in a
multi-threaded environment. This is alot more involved. We hope
to provide some additional software/advice to make this easier soon.
If a DA hasn't meen updated to work in a multi-threaded environment,
then it can only ne used in Zope 2 if the number of application
threads is set to one.

See my response to Chris' post.

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.