[Zope] ODBC DA for unix coming?

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 13:21:32 -0400

>     Well, I know that mxODBC
> (http://starship.python.net/crew/lemburg/mxODBC.html) is a python DB
> API 2.0 interface that works on top of the free IODBC
> (http://www.iodbc.org).
>
>     I don't really know what I'm talking about - but it would be
> really nice to have an ODBC interface.  The Cold Fusion guys at work
> seem to be able to get Cold Fusion to work with any DB ("OH, we'll
> just use the ODBC driver.")  Some day, I hope to sell them Zope.

There are three levels really to ODBC:

    1. The "ODBC adapter" (such as mxODBC, etc)
    2. The manager (such as iODBC)
    3. The database driver (such as Oracle, etc.)

At least this has been my understanding I've been operating under.  I just
looked at iODBC, and I don't see anything in it to let it talk to say,
Microsoft SQL Server (an ODBC only database, unless you know that it's
really only Sybase underneath :-).  How would I do this?

Chris